This is a great weeknight dish and can be easily doubled for leftovers! Serve with pasta and salad for a great meal.
1 chicken breast per person
1 cup of flour
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs with grated parmesan cheese mixed in
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of milk
Best quality pasta sauce, 1/3 cup per breast
- Place chicken between pieces of plastic wrap and using a meat tenderizer, slightly pound chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Dip chicken breast in the milk, the flour, eggs and finally the bread crumb-cheese mixture. Let set a few minutes while the oil in a large oven-safe frying pan heats.
- Over a medium heat, brown chicken about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place oven-safe pan filled with chicken in the oven. Finish cooking chicken until juices run clear.
- Pour warm pasta sauce over the chicken and serve with more parmesan cheese, pasta and veggies.